Alexis Sanchez backtracks and insists Thierry Henry did not tell him to quit Arsenal for Manchester United

Football news - transfers, fixtures, scores, pictures | The Sun
Alexis Sanchez backtracks and insists Thierry Henry did not tell him to quit Arsenal for Manchester United

ALEXIS SANCHEZ says Theirry Henry did NOT tell him to leave Arsenal.

Manchester United’s new star appeared to suggest that a conversation with Henry helped him make his mind up over a Gunners exit.

Alexis Sanchez has tried to clear up his original message about Thierry HenryManchester United FC

But Sanchez has posted a message on Twitter attempting to distance the French legend from his own decision.

The Chile ace explained: “I want to clarify that Henry never told me to leave the club, it was a personal decision… he LOVES the club and someday it would be nice to see him as the Arsenal coach because he loves the club.”

Henry has already posted a message to Gunners fans attempting to clear up the situation.

He wrote: “I know I don’t need to explain this to the majority of Arsenal fans but contrary to speculation at no time did I tell Alexis Sanchez to leave Arsenal.

I want to clarify that Henry never told me to leave the club, it was a personal decision … he LOVES the club and someday it would be nice to see him as the arsenal coach because he loves the club …

— Alexis Sánchez (@Alexis_Sanchez) January 24, 2018

Sanchez has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal at Man UtdSanchez has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal at Man UtdGetty Thierry Henry was mentioned in a message Sanchez posted on his departureThierry Henry was mentioned in a message Sanchez posted on his departureAP:Associated Press

“I had no idea he was going to sign for Man Utd until I saw it on the news like the rest of you.”

After months of speculation that he was heading to City, United jumped to the front of the queue.

Pep Guardiola did not want to disrupt the balance of his squad mid-season and City were not prepared to match the £505,000-a-week deal offered at Old Trafford.

Upon signing for United, Sanchez referenced a conversation with Henry in a post to his followers.

Sanchez appeared to suggest that a chat with Henry had led to his Gunners exitSanchez appeared to suggest that a chat with Henry had led to his Gunners exitTimes Newspapers Ltd
Sanchez left Arsenal after three and a half years to sign iwth United until the summer of 2022Sanchez left Arsenal after three and a half years to sign with United until the summer of 2022PA:Press Association DEAL ME IN Get the latest transfer news as Arsenal look to rebuild with Aubameyang swoop

He wrote: “There are people (former club players) who have spoken with no knowledge of what happens inside the club and cause damage.

“I must say I always gave 100 per cent, until the last day, when I asked to the manager to be in the team, because I wanted to be a contribution.

“I remember today, a conversation I had with [Thierry] Henry, a historic Arsenal player, who changed club for the same reason and today is my turn.”

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »